All Ceramic Crowns
What Is a Ceramic Crown?
Do I Need a Crown?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
• To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
• To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
• To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
• To cover severely discolored teeth
• To cover a dental implant
• To make a cosmetic modification
• To protect a tooth after root canal therapy
How Long Does It Take to Get a Crown?
You will need two appointments to get a crown. See the “What is the Process for a Crown?” for details.
What Is the Process for a Crown?
After Dr. Vahe determines that a crown is necessary for a tooth, the first step is the preparation stage. Dr Vahe will remove decay and weak tooth structure, creating a healthy and strong base for the crown. Next, any missing areas will be built up using composite resin to have a perfect shape for the crown. After all refinements are made, we will choose a shade for your new crown together. Then, an impression will be made and sent to our laboratory.
The second step is the cementation stage. First, we will remove the temporary crown. We will then seat the crown and ensure the fit is perfect. You will get to see the crown and verify your complete satisfaction before cementing. We will then cement the crown to complete the crown process.
This procedure is completely painless with the use of local anesthesia.