What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers (sometimes called porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates) are wafer-thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials designed to cover the front surface of teeth to improve your appearance. These shells are bonded to the front of the teeth to change their color, shape, size, or length.
Are Veneers the Right Choice for Me?
If you are interested in veneers, ask for a consultation with Dr. Vahe and his staff.
Dental Veneers can be used to fix:
• The appearance of your teeth: Size, shape, and color
• Teeth that are worn down
• Teeth that are chipped or broken
• Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped (for example, they have craters or bulges in them)
• Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between these teeth)
• Teeth that are discolored because of stains
• From tetracycline or other drugs, excessive fluoride, large resin fillings, other causes
What Is the Process of Getting Veneers?
After your consultation with Dr. Vahe, the next step is getting your teeth ready. Veneers require the removal of a very thin layer of enamel from the face of your tooth (about .5 millimeters). Once this has been done, an impression will be taken for our lab to create your veneers. At this stage, you will leave with temporary veneers.
The next step is the bonding stage. The temporary veneers are removed, and the porcelain veneers are placed on your teeth. We check for a perfect fit and ensure you are completely satisfied with your new smile. We then permanently bond the veneers to finish the process.
How Long Does It Take to Get Veneers?
Dental veneers are completed in two appointments. During the first appointment, the teeth will be prepared. During the second appointment, the veneers will be bonded to the tooth surface. Veneers are done under local anesthesia and are completely pain free!
Please ask us for a consultation if you are interested in dental veneers.